The HCi Style Guide
A freely downloadable style guide, with templates for Word and Frame.
Technical writing and instructional design
- Does your ERP documentation look like this?
- Simple metrics for your documentation
- Subject matter interview techniques for technical writers
- How to get a budget for code documentation
- Feng Shui your stale documentation
- How to fix the intranet
- ITIL implementation
- e-Learning: just training online?
- The key to e-Learning: b-Learning
- If all else fails … read the manual
- Why is e-learning ineffective (video)
- Agile products are difficult to use (video)
Bid and tender writers
Quality and knowledge management
HCi supports standards development
HCi supports the development of international standards in several ways, by:
- hosting the site for the ISO/IEC documentation standards committee WG2
- hosting Project 11, a WG2 sub-project to develop a standard for user documentation managers
- providing staff to work on both of these projects
If you are interested in standards development within the documentation community, please visit one or both of the above sites.
About technical writers
- What makes a technical writer?
- So you want to be a technical writer?
- Choosing a writer for equipment manuals